DTS Electric Inc.

Licensed & Insured



About Us


Request an Estimate


Specials & Coupons

Photo Gallery


Refer a Friend

Frequently Asked Questions

Tips & Helpful Links

Contact Us

Like Us on Facebook


Q: Can I replace a two prong outlet with a new three prong outlet?

A: Grounded type (three prong) outlets may not be substituted for ungrounded (two prong) outlets unless a ground wire is connected. An exception to this rule in the National Electrical Code (NEC) is allowed when the outlet is protected by a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI).

Q: Do I need to install GFCI receptacles in my basement and garage?

A: For safety reasons and to be in compliance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) you need to install a GFCI Receptacle in any unfinished basement and/or garage.

Q: Can I wire a portable generator to my electrical panel?

A: NO, per the National Electrical Code (NEC) you are not permitted to wire a portable generator directly to your electrical panel. You must first install a transfer switch. This will insure that the power from the generator is not back fed into the utility lines which could cause injury or death to someone servicing the utility lines.

Pool Lights

Chandelier hanging


DTS Electric, Inc., PO Box 160, Fairless Hills, PA 19030   |   Tel/Fax: 215-369-4841   |   e-mail: dtselectric@verizon.net

Copyright © 2019, DTS Electric, Inc. All Rights Reserved.